Sunday, July 03, 2005

Summertime in the city

I had to double check the calendar today - it said JULY but being outside I swear it is February. It isn't too cold, but it is raining non-stop. I have pretty much lived on the west coast for most of my life, so it isn't like I don't expect any different, but DAMN I wish it would get sunny!

All the rain is causing havoc on our lawn. It is growing way too fast, and all the weeds in the garden are out of control. I suck at anything garden related - I buy plants, I plant them and they DIE. One would figure that since I have a biology degree and can manage to feed and water my kids I would somehow know how NOT to kill plants. I kinda feel like the Darla (the fish killer from the movie Nemo) of the plant world. Plants see me coming and they know that death is only a couple of weeks away.

No comments: