Thursday, July 28, 2005

Food? What food?

As much as I try, I can't get my son to eat most real people food. Short of pinning him down and forcing it down his gullet (which I am not going EVER going to attempt for fear of getting my hand bitten off by the giant sized walrus tusks he has for teeth)I have no idea what I can do. Even the most kid loved foods (cheese, fries, McDonalds hamburgers) don't make it past my second born's frantically waving hands and looks of "get that the hell away from me".

A few weeks ago we had Nicholas' blood tested for iron levels, and surprisingly the test came back normal. I have no idea where he is getting his nutrients, but In the last week, Nicholas enthusiastically dined on a wide variety of items, NONE of them actual food. With one minor exception, fully chewed and swallowed the following:

Dirt
Ants (this is what he managed to get into his mouth, but didn't chew or swallow)
dirty pine cones
paper
blue crayon
carpet fluff
dust bunnies

One of his favourite things to eat on a regular basis are soap bubbles. When he is older I can just see my threats of washing his mouth out with soap - "yeah mom, bring it on!"

No comments: