Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Babies, babies everywhere!

I got an e-mail the other day from a co-worker announcing that one of the many pregnant women in my office had her baby. Attached was a photo of her new wee girl. I didn't really expect the reaction I had to the photo. It didn't tug at my heartstrings like most newborn baby pictures. Oh no. It YANKED my heartstrings out and stretched and twisted them in such a way that I wanted another baby RIGHT NOW. How is it possible that the world can be exploding with so much cuteness? I just can't stand it.

My heart and my head are at completely different places when it comes to having another baby. My heart forgets pregnancy, labour pain, sore boobs, sleepless nights and shitty diapers (my second born is kind enough to remind me of the latter on a daily basis). My head tells me that I am getting too old, and my husband reminds me of everything my heart tells me to forget - his favourite is "remember how it felt when the nurse told you that you couldn't have drugs?". Ok, yeah, I do remember that, and man I was pissed!

No comments: