Thursday, August 18, 2005

ARGHHH...I take it back!

Did I just say that I wanted another baby? Did I actually PUT IT IN WRITING??? Holy shit I take it back. Why is it when one child decides that he is going to have a bad day, the other figures that what the hell, he'll have a bad day too? I cannot believe that the two screaming monsters who have replaced my sons today have not yet driven me to claw my eyes out with dull rusty nails (which, by the way would be much more pleasant than the crap that I have had to put up with already - and it is only 1:00 pm and Ken won't be home for another 8 hours, 35 minutes and 18 seconds).

I had a yucky morning, both kids woke up really grumpy and early. I had a bit of a reprive when a friend came over with her little one, and he and Ethan played quite well together for a couple of hours - until after lunch and when the meltdowns started to happen. My friend who is pregnant and due in a couple of months just looked in horror at my screaming kids and I just KNEW she was thinking "OH.MY.GOD. What the hell am I getting myself into?". Yes D - in another couple of months, you too can join the club, and it is NOTHING like the doublemint commercials. None of the "double your pleasure, double the fun". OH NO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I too am so very familiar with exactly the type of day you are describing. And, on those days I wish I had rusty nails. I may have to stick to using dirty silverware that I've yet to wash instead. LOL I hope today was better! **HUGS**