Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Rain, rain go away...

As I was trying to dodge the rain today I suddenly realized that I don't own an umbrella. I live in VANCOUVER and I have managed to get by for a couple of years now without one.

Yesterday we had a patch of sunshine, and it was beautiful. Even though my window at work overlooks a dumpster in a pretty icky area of the city, that one patch of blue sky and sunshine made even that look beautiful. I love this city - and I don't even mind the rain too much.

A few weeks ago it seemed as though the big man upstairs was screwing with us Vancouverites. Vancouver's longest wet spell began January 6, 1953, and ended 29 days later. We were on track to beat that record a couple of weeks ago. We got to 28 days. Then the sun shone. FOR ONE DAY. Just enough so we couldn't get the record. And then, wouldn't you know it, just to rub it in, it has pretty much been pissing down ever since. Sigh. The kids love it though. We go out for walks and stomp in every single puddle we come across. The one great thing is that when the sun does come out and shine, it is like magic (and no, the cherry blossoms are not out. Yet.).

4 comments:

Celena said...

I wrote about the weather today too! Ha! I'm so glad you finally posted a pic of yourself! I've been curious for awhile as to what you look like! (sorry, not really a stalker- I swear)

Anna said...

And what did you think I looked like? I always find it interesting to see what people really look like when you have a mental image of what you think they look like!

Celena said...

Blonder?

Ryann said...

I got an umbrella for my birthday. it's the first one I've owned since high school...

and it looks like it's from preschool. (strawberry shortcake)