Monday, October 31, 2005

Trick or freak

The closest I got this year to dressing up for Halloween was getting my hair all chopped off. While I know it is going to take alot of getting used to (my hair was quite long), it is a nice change. The one really good thing about changing my appearance at this stage of my life is that I don't have to worry about what guys will think or if I will still be able to get a date. Poor Ken is in it for better or worse, and when I told him the hair might all come off, he just rolled his eyes, because that is what I say EVERY time I go to the hairdressers. Happy Halloween honey!!! My new do caused quite a stir at the office. You'd think I shaved my head by the reaction I got from my co-workers. They all said they liked it. My girlfriend M's reaction when I e-mailed her and told her that I got it all whacked off AND got bangs was "NO WAY!!!". I am sure she still doesn't believe me.

The one thing I hate about Halloween (besides dressing up) is all the old kids that come to the house at about 8:30 pm, essentially demanding candy OR ELSE. Because I am not a big fan of smashed pumpkins or dried egg residue on my windows I oblige. I hope those turds enjoy the year old glosette raisin packs that I save each year for the next years batch of bozos.

Ok, now that I have that out, the kiddos had a fantastic time this year with halloween. Ethan especially enjoyed it, and oh what manners my kid has. Just after "trick-or-treat" he would say "now give me my candy please" in his oh-so-cute-and-I-am-only-three-can-you-believe-it voice. At least he said thank-you.

We did have to prepare him for his first "real" trick or treat experience this year. You see, in past years, we have only gone to the neighbours homes (two of them), and because they are retired folk, they shower extra goodies on both boys. They actually give them goodie bags with candy & chocolate and PRESENTS. So when Ethan finally realized that he would be going trick-or-treating to more than just two houses this year, his eyes lit up and he just about peed his pants thinking of all the "presents" he would bring home. I quickly brought him down to earth explaining to him that he would get one small candy for each home he went to. Well, after looking through his loot bag tonight, it seems that I am the cheapest assed candy giver in all of Vancouver. He can't quite figure out how he got such a bag full of loot when he only went to about 6 houses. Go figure.

So of course I have the requisite pictures of both boys. Oh, and check out my pumpkins. I am quite impressed with myself. Ken is not so impressed that I used his drill to do the holes in the small pumpkins.


Nicholas was not liking his costume too much.




Ethan's new favourite thing to do... "Trick-or-treat!"


THIS is how I got a bag full of loot!



Awwwww.....



My pumpkins.

1 comment:

Celena said...

Ha ha, AWESOME! Your pumpkins are way better than mine! (check them out on my *new* blog). Your kids are so cute!