Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Day 7 - Fruit!

Well it has been a week and I am still with the 30 day photo challenge.  Today's item du jour was fruit.  I suppose I could have used yesterday's photo, but the whole point of this challenge is to pull out the camera and use it daily.  So I figured I'd do a before and after of a mango salsa that I LOVE.  This recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law when I practically beat it out of her after the first time I tasted it (she gave it willingly of course, but I hounded her to death because I wanted it right there and then). 

It is oh so easy, and oh so tasty!  This is what you need (and you can alter it to taste - I used orange peppers in this one, but red looks SO much better).

  • Three mangos
  • One red pepper
  • 1/2 red onion
(chop all these up and put them in a bowl)
  • Juice from a lime (or two)
  • Cilantro (as much or as little as you want)
  • Hot sauce (again, as much or as little as you want)
  • Salt and pepper to taste.

This is a great summertime treat, and good for you too.....off to eat a bowl (or three).

No comments: