Wednesday, June 01, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day One

When I get the chance, I love to read photography blogs.  There are some amazingly talented folks out there, and I love looking at new ways to capture the everyday things in life.  I have been a bit lazy with taking photos in the past couple of months.  I think it is due in part because I don't really lug around my DSLR as much as I used to, especially now that I have my Canon G11.  It doesn't get the creativity going like the DSLR does (at least it doesn't for me). 

Last week, I won a Nikon D3100.  I must admit, it has given me the "kick" I have needed to get out there and take some photos.   The downside is that my lenses (which are OLD) only work on a manual setting, but at least I can use them.  This new camera is quite different than my Nikon D100, it has alot more bells and whistles.

I came across a challenge on one of the blogs I read.  White Peach Photography is doing photo challenge for the month of June where you have to post a photo every day, each day a different theme.  Today is Day One, and today's theme is "self portrait".  ICK.  There is a reason why I am BEHIND a camera, I just don't like being in front of one.  At any rate, here is today, done and dusted.  Tomorrow's should be interesting...

No comments: