Friday, December 30, 2005

My poor poor baby.

His mom is a dumbass. I have no idea what the hell made me think that I am remotely qualified to cut the hair of my second born. He sits still for about 2 seconds at a time, on a good day. I managed to get him strapped into his high chair, put the tv on, and away I went. the top and sides look fantastic. The back...well that is a WHOLE OTHER STORY. I brought out the clippers. He moved. And my baby looks like a rat had a good gnaw at the back of his head under his new bowl cut. Oh it is bad. My husband laughed. Hard. If Nicholas only knew how awful the back of his head looked he wouldn't step out in public for at least a year. Because that is how long it is going to be before the hack job at the back of his head grows back. Sigh.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

This afternoon I decided that my eldest son was beginning to resemble a dandelion gone to seed so I too brought out the ol' scissors. It was going well until he looked to see what his sister was doing. Alas, Mommy made a boo boo that resulted in the poor kid losing all his hair. I had to shave it right to the scalp. Now he looks like a cross between a nazi and a cancer patient. Good thing it's the season for toques!!

Anna said...

I *just* stopped before I hit that point. Barely. Funny how clippers can just get away from you....

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna! You'll definitely have to post some pics of Nicky! I'll cut the girls bangs, but would never think to even touch Brennan as he'd swirm and something bad would happen.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for blogging this, it makes me feel a little bit better about Cooper's haircut from hell a few months back!! :P It's a good thing these fellas are little, huh?!