Wednesday, January 06, 2010

My extremely talented friend...

I have written before about an extremely talented friend of mine and her ability to make amazing cakes.  She could give all those guys on TV a real good run for their money.  I have written about her sushi cake she did for my birthday last year, the kiwi cake with the Canadian spin that she did for my mom, and the first cakes she ever did for me, a Venom cake for Nick and girly girl cake for Renee. 

Also did a crab cake for my dad and sister-in-law (they are both born in July, so we figured using the astrological sign of cancer would be appropriate)




I haven't written about the pirate cake she did for Ethan this year (which was truly amazing - I loved the hanging skeletons)



And when Nick told me this year that he wanted a star wars cake for his birthday, complete with a couple of cops just to "keep everyone in line", she came up with this for him:




When she brought the cake over to the house, Nicholas took one look at it and said "but that isn't how you spell my name"!  The cake lady told him that she didn't have enough room to print "Nicholas" so she did the shortened form instead.  Nick's eyes lit up, and he asked if that was in fact his name.  I told him it was.  He almost NEVER writes Nicholas now...

So for Christmas this year, the cake lady surprised us with an amazing clay sculpture of our family.  I love it.  So freaking talented...



2 comments:

Leslie said...

The cakes are fabulous as always, but I'm absolutely in LOVE with the clay sculpture!

Rinner said...

She is amazing, I love seeing all the cakes she does for you!