Thursday, June 05, 2008

It's Junevember


"I hope you don't mind that we got Ethan a birthday present" one of our neighbours told me today. "It isn't something I'd buy my boys, but I thought he'd like it".

I wasn't too sure what to make of what she said - and for the record, I really really like this lady - we met because her son and Nicholas are in the same preschool class, and as it turns out her older boy and Ethan are the same age too. We get along great and her kids are super.

So when we got home Ethan opened the gift and it was a spiderman web-blaster. Now I know what she meant - it is strictly an outside toy, so Ethan put on his winter jacket, and ventured out into the pouring rain to make a mess of our deck. And he loved every second of it. This stuff is a pain in the ass to clean up as well, so it will be payback time when her son turns six next month.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Payback is a definite at this point.