Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sleep - who the hell needs it?

With baby #3 on the way, Ken and I figured that we should probably think about getting Nicholas out of the crib and into a "big boy bed". Thinking is where we should have left it. Nicholas didn't mind the crib at all, and still hadn't figured out that he really could get out of the pen if he really tried. He and Ethan share a room, so when we put them to bed, we expect the chatting and giggling, but it does settle down and they both go to sleep. That is until last week.

I had the week off work this week b/c of daycare issues (my mom who helps out with the boys when I work is off having a great old time down under - so Ken and I are switching days off to cover off childcare until she and my dad get back). So with me being off this week, we figured that it would be a good time to set up the racing car bed (thanks Ebay!) so that if Nicholas had any issues, (like not sleeping because there is just TOO MUCH TO DO WITH ALL THE FREEDOM) I would be home to deal with it.

And deal with it I have....NO naps this week (except yesterday when Ken was home), and late nights every night because there are books to pile on the bed, drawers to empty and bookcases to explore when you have free reign of the room. Poor Ethan has had to put up with all this too, we hear regular yells from the room of him telling Nicholas to "get back in your racing car bed - I want to sleep".

Here is just a sample of the crap I have had to deal with this week (this is pretty minor, just all the books on his bed and the expression on his face telling mom to take a hike).


4 comments:

CeCe said...

Cherry won't sleep in her "big girl" bed either. So she's still in a playpen for bed! But she's a bit younger. She screams if you put her in the bed and close the door. It's fine in the pen, but not in the bed... go figure!

Anna said...

Nicholas slept in the playpen until he was about 15 months old...then we put him in the crib. He was always a tummy sleeper and kept banging his head on the rails when he was little...oh the joys!

Anonymous said...

I hope the little rascal gives you guys a break soon. Hopefully he'll realize that his new bed is pretty cool and great for sleeping.

Ryann said...

I wanna race car bed. no fair!