Saturday, November 08, 2008

The name says it all.

Every year in Vancouver we always go to the annual fair - the PNE. And this year it was WET. We usually prefer to go on a day that isn't too sunny and isn't on a weekend as I am not a big fan of crowds. Well this past year we didn't have to worry about that at all. It poured rain the whole day and we were soaked by the end of it. But the kids didn't mind one bit - no line ups for rides, and more importantly no line ups for food.

The PNE is in August - so why am I blogging about it now you ask? Because I have got the biggest craving for these:





Yes, you read it right. For $5, you could get four oreo cookies, dipped in artery clogging batter, and deep fried.




And OMG they were so good. I want some so bad right now I can almost taste it. But I'll have to wait until next year and savor the memories of how good they tasted.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can get them year-round in Nanaimo at "Pirate Chips" downtown. Just a ferry ride away!

Anna said...

Oh I didn't need to know that! We'll be going there next time we are in Nanaimo....